In this episode:
Ann-Marie, Kat, Maria, and Zahra discuss the adaptation of A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens with an in-depth discussion of The Muppets Christmas Carol (Brian Henson, 1992).
- Summary of A Christmas Carol (Note: visited by his dead friend not friends. Too busy thinking about The Muppets Christmas Carol!)
- Victorian London and the inspiration for the novel.
- Christmas horror films with a focus on Rare Exports: A Christmas Tale (Jalmari Helander, 2010) and Krampus (Michael Dougherty, 2015).
- British broadcast history at Christmas since the 1970s.
- English ghost stories and periodical literature.
- Victorian print culture at Christmas.
- Why the story of Scrooge is so appealing to filmmakers.
- How Dickens’ writing is cinematic.
- Social class and the French New Wave.
- How Scrooge’s experience is like cinema viewership.
- The history of The Muppets.
- The Muppets as stars.
- A discussion on The Muppets and Disney.
- An in-depth discussion of The Muppets Christmas Carol.
If you enjoyed this, support us on Patreon for more content.