In this episode:
Dr Katerina Flint-Nicol discusses the British gangster film with an in-depth analysis of Sexy Beast (Jonathan Glazer, 2000).
- Why the British gangster film matters
- How the British gangster film transformed
- The post-1960s British gangster film
- The performance and stardom of working class actors in film
- A discussion on Sexy Beast
- The casting and performance of Ray Winstone
- The casting and performance of Ben Kingsley
If you enjoyed this, read the follow-up article, ‘Sexy Beast takes its aim at the ‘tyranny of realism’, and support us on Patreon for more content.